“O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Thy name in all the earth!, Psalm 8:1
One by one we slipped the scripture imprinted images out from their sleeve and, as the Adorenaments¹ were hung, we read the accompanying book with related stores and scriptures:
1. Baby in a manger, Name of Jesus: Immanuel, Matthew 1:23; His name is Immanuel, or “God with us.”
2. Door, Name of Jesus: The Door, John 10:9; Jesus says in John 10:9 that they enter salvation through Him —the Door.
3. Vine, Name of Jesus: The True Vine, John 15:5; As we stay connected by obeying His Word, the Bible, we will grow as Christians—without Him, we can do nothing!
4. Water, Name of Jesus: The Giver of Living Water, John 4:10; When we receive Jesus as Lord and Savior He promises to meet and exceed the spiritual thirst that is in us all.
As a young teenager my daughter took a bit of time to warm up to the idea of delaying the decorating production. “No, not yet, I am still reading the last story so please hold up on the next adorenament”. Response: tolerant eye roll.
5. Candle, Name of Jesus: The Light of the World, John 8:12; Separation with Christ has ushered deep darkness into this world that can only be penetrated by the light of Christ in our lives.
6. Star, Name of Jesus: The Bright and Morning Star, Revelation 22:16; Jesus is a Prince and Spiritual Being brighter than all other stars
7. Lion, Name of Jesus: The Lion from the tribe of Judah, Revelation 5:5; The lion is the most royal and kingly animals. The tribe of Judah is the royal tribe of God’s people, the Jews.
…I noticed a slowing down as the adorenaments were placed carefully on select branches.
8. Lamb, Name of Jesus: The Lamb of God, John 1:29; Lambs were offered in Jesus’s time for redemption from sin; Jesus was the perfect and complete sacrifice sent from our Father in heaven.
9. Shepherd Staff, Name of Jesus: The Good Shepherd, John 10:11; A compassionate shepherd, Jesus is willing to leave those that are safe in His care to save just one who is lost without Him, you.
10. Crown, Name of Jesus: The King of Kings and Lord of lords, 1 Timothy 6:15; Jesus has the highest rank of all, ruling over all kings and rulers of the earth.
11. Bread, Name of Jesus Bread of Life, John 6:35; Jesus is the spiritual bread we all need.
12. Cross, Name of Jesus, Savior, 1 John 4:14-15; We all sin., we all need a Savior. Salvation is free but we need to “Confess” our sin and “Repent”, or turn away from our sin. We can not do this alone but we are to trust in Christ’s life and death alone for our salvation.
The tolerance turned to Joy as my 13-year-old giggled and sung along with me, “Oh come let us adore him” rolled into “Hark the herald angels sing”, as we held hands in front of the tree. She asked, “Are you having a Charlie Brown moment”? Well, yes I was… I am hard pressed to remember a more beautiful tree. With less than a quarter of our traditional lights and ornaments adorning the tree, 3 days instead of over 3 weeks before Christmas and a smaller pile of presents than previous years to give to others— this tree has brought Love in our home.
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 1 John 4:14-16